Content Hub is currently supported on the Google Chrome browser only.
For best results, please upload H.264 video. The fast start flag must be set in order to provide playback in the Content Hub player. Your encoding software or NLE should be able to add the Fast Start flag. See below for an example `ffmpeg` command to add the fast start flag from the command line:
`ffmpeg -i <proxy file> -movflags faststart <output file>`
Please follow the following steps if you get an error message while uploading:
1. Take a look at the transfer window to make sure that uploaded file names show up in transfer queue. If they are not present, it means that the Aspera transfer was not successful. Restart the browser and try the upload again.
2. If the Aspera transfer view shows failures, go to this help page to troubleshoot the Aspera Connect issue.
3. If you are not able to troubleshoot using steps 1 and 2, please email the support team with a screenshot of the error in Content Hub and all the Aspera connect logs.
How to see the Transfer view and Aspera connect logs:
Use this help page and follow the steps. To get the show view, go to Window -> Transfers in menu item of Aspera Connect app.
Frame sequences (DPX stacks, camera rolls for file-per-frame clips) should be placed into the ZIP archive with a checksum.txt file that lists out all of the md5 checksum of the archive’s contents. The ZIP file should be a flat listing of files, and not include sub directories.
Brief install and run demonstration, runtime of 30 seconds:
STILL QUESTIONS? SEE ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS
If you have Python, please ensure it is 2.7+, otherwise download and install from https://www.python.org/downloads/
1. To install Netflix Packager (this step needs to be ran only once), open Command Prompt Shell (Windows, Mac OS) and type in:
pip install npack
Installing collected packages: npack
Successfully installed npack-0.3.1
Note: In some instances for Python3 pip is called pip3
2. To create the zip in Command Prompt Shell type in:
npack zip -s sourceFolder -t targetFolder -f fileName.zip
Expected Output (for sample command: npack zip -s testF -t . -f frameSequence.zip)
_ _ ___ _____ ___ _ _____ __
| \| | __|_ _| __| | |_ _\ \/ /
| .` | _| | | | _|| |__ | | > <
|_|\_|___| |_| |_| |____|___/_/\_\ packager.py version 0.3.1
designed for ContentHub uploads only
for questions please SUBMIT A REQUEST for Content Hub
2017-07-24 21:50:21.607398 | Identified 98783 files to checksum in testF
2017-07-24 21:50:28.879793 | Calculated 98783 checksums
2017-07-24 21:50:28.960537 | Completed writing to checksum.txt
2017-07-24 21:50:29.012010 | Initializing zip file ./frameSequence.zip
2017-07-24 21:50:57.356130 | Finished zip file ./frameSequence.zip
2017-07-24 21:50:57.377109 | Execution completed, took 38.04170322418213 seconds
3. Deliver the created sequence zip to Content Hub.